Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Bellavilaqua,Italy

So Steve, Hayden and I did a little time traveling in reverse and visited a castle and time set in 1410. We were entertained outside

by a man who liked to play with fire...
We had a brunch that took 2 hours to serve and they were courses like carrot soup in a bread bowl, and homemade pasta, and the boys
(not me) ate donkey meat. Yes Donkey meat and all the while we
were entertained by singers, the royal court came thru, and a belly
dancer which was one of Haydens' favorite parts of the day.
As we were sitting outside this "local" came up to Hayden and challenged him to a fight. Hayden loved it and they ran around the courtyard for about 10 minutes sword fighting. Hayden and Steve
also went and shot arrows into a round hay bail.
So I was a town "wench", Hayden a valiant knight and Steve was a monk (wig came with the costume). We went with some friends of ours here and had a great weekend. We also took a little tour of the castle and went thru a museum of torture...Gross.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Uhhhmmmmm I want this picture blown up and hung in my house!!! I LOVE IT! Miss you sooooo much, can't wait to see you in a few months! Tell Steve, I expect to see him that costume when he comes to visit!

Candace said...

This is fabulous! And I know you say you liked Japan better, but I don't remember hearing about as many cool/sight seeing trips in Japan as I hear about and see pictures from in Italy. They all look so fun.

dawson99 said...

you look like you had soooooooooooo much fun. sometimes i wish i was there with you too, to take in all the sights. glad you had fun and you are looking good honey. see you in a few months. love ya

Unknown said...

Hey Steve, did that cross burn?