Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love Pirate Cruise, Venice Italy

So my friend Monica and I decided that we wanted to go on this "Love Pirate Cruise" that was advertised. So we booked our spots on the Pirate ship, made babysitter arrangements and DRUG our husbands to Venice. We went on a day cruise in Venice on Valentines day. We only stopped twice and this was the first port. That is Tony and Monica I am standing with.
Here is Steve aka: the bartender(he took over for a while on the boat, actual bartender went MIA), Me, Monica and Tony towards the end of the night and still having a great time. I even got Steve to dance with me some of the night which as some of you know is no small feat.
All of us started out with eye patches, hooks and booty purses but it also happens to be the last weekend of Carnivale so everyone was dressed up and we just had to buy masks. The boys got hats too. We heard on the news that there were over 100 thousand people on Venice just on saturday, so you can imagine...that is why we stayed near the boat when it docked at St. Marks Square.
This was the Jolley Roger and yes we were actually on this boat with a lot of other drunk Americans. Its was loads of fun and I think we will plan on it next year even though we are not big Valentine celebrators. Hope you are all well and had a great Valentines (3 day weekend)

2 comments:

Candace said...

Oh, this looks like so much fun and you are looking fabulous as well!

Give me a call - We haven't spoken in 2 months. I'm glad you are having such a great time and Italy is having some 'ups' now instead of just 'downs'.

Love you lots,
Candace

Jenny said...

You guys always have so much fun. We have been thinking a lot about practicing medicine in Englad lately. I guess we will see when the time comes. I also love that you post so many pictures!